October 22, 2014

Extra Life info and behind the scenes stuffs

Hello fellow gamer guys and gals!

How goes it?  Having fun playing video games and pwning noobs?  [laugh]

Sooooo Extra Life is sooooooooooooooon and I'm super pumped!
This will be my 5th year playing and still super excited about it.

I will be starting my marathon on Oct 25th @ 2pm (pacific time).  The reason for starting in the afternoon this year is because I'm also going to be running a 5K race that morning!  Am I crazy?  Perhaps.... but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to participate in a Halloween costume run!  My bf and I were going to dress up as Super Meat Boy and Bandage Girl but we're having trouble getting the shirts on time so I'll have to think of a last minute backup plan.  Here's the cool finishers medal:

Anywho... here is my donation page:
http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=88877
Live streaming the event here:
http://www.hitbox.tv/AmyPlays
Extra Life schedule:
http://vitaminamy.blogspot.com/2014/02/extra-life-2014-schedule.html

I will also have a Ventrilo server for drop in/drop out voice chat.  I won't make this info public so please msg me if you'd like the info.  Voice chatting will help keep me awake. :D

I'm not using Twitch this year because of
1) longer chat delay
2) Twitch mutes recorded video if there is music on it
3) heavier server loads during Extra Life
My stream will have music requests enabled this year!  Just type "!songrequest YouTubeURL" and it'll play on the stream for myself and everyone else.
Some hours I'll have it disabled like when I play The Evil Within... because scary games require listening to every sound possible so I'll pee myself.
Not my choice to play scary games, my friends like to torture me, haha.

So here are some pics of my Extra Life setup:
Behind the scenes!

My stream layout

Huge thanks to everyone for their support.

No comments:

Post a Comment