November 27, 2014

My Top 10 Running Songs

I know I originally started this blog to talk about my video game adventures.  I'm a gamer and always will be. Running has also become a bigger part of my life than I ever thought it would be... so I can't help but want to share those adventures as well. :)

The running playlist on my phone is pretty small, around 60 songs or so.  I love all kinds of music, especially electronic... but when it comes to running music I'm pretty picky.  That extra push to go one more mile is what I crave.  I find that vocals really make a difference in my motivation, for some reason I just love singing along (in my head) while pushing myself and pounding the pavement.

Whether you run or not, here are some awesome songs to help get you motivated!
(in no particular order because I heart them all!)

Zhu - Faded
Simple lyrics that I love singing along with.  The baseline in my head makes me happy on a run.
















Felix Cartal & Clockwork - The Fire
This song makes me feel like a superstar when I match the beat to my feet, haha.  Love the uptempo.

















Paul Van Dyk - Time of Our Lives
Ever since I first heard Paul Van Dyk's music, I was in love.  I'm a huge fan of trance and this song can really get me feeling inspired. "There's a time for us to shine." 


















Dada Life - Born to Rage (USA Version)
Need some extra adrenaline?  There's nothing like pretend yelling "Born to rage!" while running, lol.  Such a great feeling and I always look forward to when this some pops up on shuffle.

















The Prodigy - Smack My Bitch Up
I remember listening to this album over and over in my car way back in the day.  This song has always put me in a good mood for some reason and makes running even more fun!

















Borgeous - Wildfire
I discovered this song while listening to the EDM station on Comcast cable one night while playing video games.  It really caught my attention and I really had to put it in my running playlist.  It's excellent to sing along with.

















September - Cry For You
At the gym, I was going to stop the treadmill but then this song came on Pandora, so I kept going until this song was done.  Running on the treadmill is my least favorite so I just knew this had to be on my permanent playlist.

















Afrojack ft Eva Simons - Take Over Control
This song always ends up on my driving playlists, just felt natural to add it to my running mix.  Good stuff!

















Stereotronique - Sexy Beast
Not much in the way of lyrics but I always sing along (in my head of course) when the song goes "you sexy beast"... really pushes me to go faster for some reason, haha.

















ATB - Could You Believe
I find this song super motivating when I'm running outside... especially when I hear "Don't Stop, oh yeah" :D  <3 ATB

No comments:

Post a Comment