February 12, 2014

Steps forward, zig zag, and everywhere!

The past month or so has been pretty stressful... my living situation drives me bonkers so I've been in weird moods lately. My desire to game lowered and I was feeling pretty meh.
I tried streaming regularly on Twitch hoping that chatting with new people about games would cheer me up but instead I got judged based on how I look... constantly. A guy can broadcast all day and no one cares... being a girl and everyone has to comment on how you look instead of how you're playing the game.

Reading this today reminded me of that fact: http://kotaku.com/critics-of-felicia-days-hairdo-dont-even-know-what-sh-1516188224
"My hair doesn't affect what words come out of my mouth...but he can't see me as anything else, I guess. Guys like him tune in because I'm attractive to them. Without long hair, I'm not attractive to them. Ergo…goodbye." -Felicia Day
I see a lot... and I mean a lot... of "girl gamers" on Twitch with boobs hanging out just to get viewers. 
I don't play games to get attention from guys... I play video games because I enjoy them.
I don't lick controllers or #girlgamer on Twitter.
It's sad and makes me not want to be a part of the streaming community anymore. 
If nice people from here would like to watch me play a game, I'm all for it. toast

But I needed something...
Anything...

Then it hit me.

A few days ago I decided to go back to school, along with volunteer at my local animal shelter (humane society). I need to get off my arse and do something with my life that I'm proud of. Screw all the haters! I'm just a nice and good person that loves video games. Now that I'm not streaming on a schedule anymore I can focus on the games that make me happy.
Fable Anniversary came out today and I'm having a great time. The camera is a bit wonky but that's probably because I'm used to more current games. Overall it's great and Lionhead did a great job with the HD.

External image


I'm sure my GTASC team is super pissed at me (someone even came into my stream and scolded me, which I didn't really appreciate when I was live... PM me instead, k? smile). I promise to do my best around schoolwork and volunteering. I heart you guys and sorry that it was just 6 Boobies for a while. Let me know if there's a game y'all wanna play together or something I can help with! (Yes, I'm American, can ya tell? lol)

Since I'm going to request helping in the cat section of the humane society, here you go:

External image
Save all the kittehs!

No comments:

Post a Comment