September 30, 2013

Windows 8 on my Nexus 7? What?

I have a Windows 8 laptop... so far I've played all of the Win8 games on my gamercard with it.
However I've avoided a few games because I kept hearing that they're not great playing with a mouse... touchscreen is highly recommended.
Getting a Surface Pro isn't in my budget so I just moved along.

However... I had no idea something called "Splashtop" existed until yesterday.
I'm so out of the loop! angry
This allows you to remotely access your PC from a compatible iOS or Android device. 
Hey! I have a Nexus 7 tablet! I dusted off the poor thing and charged up the dead battery.
"I'm sorry I neglected you Nexus 7..."
Downloaded the program on my Win8 laptop and then grabbed the app in the Play store on my tablet.

External image
Since I'm not trying to play keyboard/mouse style PC games like WoW, Skyrim, etc... there was no need to get the paid gaming app... the free one is fine since Win8 games are touchscreen friendly.
It's free if you remain on your home network, I believe there is a monthly fee is you are accessing from a different network.

So yeah... I'm excited. Haven't actually tried gaming with it yet but I'll post again with the results. Seems pretty good just messing around in the start menu and desktop.
I feel like the last person on the planet to know about Splashtop but just in case... I'm sharing!

Games update!
What have I played recently?
Payday 2... love it with friends. I hear that the PC version is getting the nerf bat pretty bad, they haven't ruined patched console versions yet. I'm glad I played it before that happens. It'll take many many more hours if I want to get the full 1000 but having 900+ is satisfying. Garage escape scenario just never wanted to show up for me. cry

Diablo III... my current addiction. Works fantastic on console and I'd give Blizzard a hug if I could.

External image
I love love dungeon crawler action RPGs. 

Quarrel... Bought this arcade game on sale and it sat in my backlog for a while. Super easy with a Scrabble solver + guide button pause. I have 2 achievements left but see myself working on this game very slowly.

External image


Last night I decided to grab a couple of the "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" games on my Windows Phone 8. Got the French and Spanish versions... if they go smoothly I'll grab the other games too.
After all of these recent Xbox bans, I feel paranoid downloading foreign games, even when paying for them. 
I didn't do the Oman, etc. account tricks so I'm safe there... it's a very grey area so I won't go into my feelings about the issue. I can understand both sides.
Sucks for the people who had their consoles/gamertags banned. :( I'd be pretty gutted.

Oh... less than 10,000 until 200k! Yeah! clap GAME ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment